Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Different Kind of Trip part 2

The last time I sent this out I was thinking about the unexpected. Here in short is the rest of what I was thinking. Continuing with Luke 10:5-9...In verse 9 Jesus casually says to heal the sick who are in the town you travel to. Now I do not know about you, but when I read this I thought this was a real challenge. If I was one of those following Jesus I would have thought he might have meant to "try" and heal those who are sick. But Jesus says this as though it were a normal thing for them to do.

Then, I had a conversation with one of our staff in Mexico and he mentioned to me that he prayed for a professor and later she told him that God healed her. I was excited by the news but then God said to me "Why don't you see this as a normal part of following me?" Jesus is waiting to release his power and authority through us as a normal part of following him.

Some days are "diamonds" and some are "stones" John Denver sang. Some days we really seem close to Jesus and they are great days but some days we do not seem that close and wonder what is going on. Not every day will be filled with healings but some should.

Surely we can come to a place where when God does something through our life we get excited but also have an understanding that this is the normal Christian life.

No comments: